Enter the email address you used to sign up, and we'll send your username
Enter your username or email address and we'll email you instructions on how to reset your password
The Senior Home Safety Specialist™ course empowers professionals with actionable ways to better help educate clients, older adults and their family members on the serious issues of home safety, fall prevention, financial exploitation and personal safety. This comprehensive 5-hour self-paced audio/video course offers the only certificate of its kind to individuals within the senior services industry. This important training consists of a 17-module self-study educational program with a quiz after each section that participants must pass in order to continue. Upon successfully completing the entire course, you will receive an attractive Certificate along with a digital copy of the Senior Home Safety Specialist™ emblem to use in your own marketing efforts.
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST FINISH THE COURSE WITHIN 60-DAYS!
The first thing you will want to do, once you login and begin the course, is download the Home Assessment under FILES at the top of the page and print it out. Enjoy!
WHAT IS COVERED IN THIS ONLINE COURSE:
– Fall Prevention Myths and Solutions
– Fire Safety Precautions and Solutions
– Aging-in Place Home Modifications
– Mobility and Accessibility Issues
– Home and Senior Safety Technologies
– Considerations for Alzheimer's/Dementia
– Crime Prevention and Personal Safety
– Senior Exploitation, Identity Theft and Scams
– Communication with Older Adults and Family
– Performing a Complete Home Safety Assessment
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING:
“Age Safe America has developed a tremendously comprehensive training. I would recommend all professionals working with older adults in the home make this part of their overall certifications, such as CPR and AED, because it will save lives.” – Oscar E. Rodriguez, MD MBA
There are no formal educational prerequisites for this course. The Senior Home Safety Specialist™ designation is offered to all individuals committed to the care, comfort, safety and security of older adults.
•Occupational Therapists/Occupational Therapy Assistants
•Physical Therapists and Physical Therapy Assistants
•Home Care Agencies, Home Health Care Agencies
•Wellness Program, Balance/Exercise Professionals
•Nurses: RN, LPN, NP, APN, PA, CNA's
•Client Care Coordinators
•Geriatric Care Managers
•Home Health Providers
Affiliated Professionals Including:
•Home Security Providers
•Senior Placement Services
•Senior Real Estate Specialist
Trained Staff for:
•Adult Day Care
•EMS Community Relations
•Workers Comp Administrators
APPROVED FOR CEU's:
• National Association of Home Builders (NAHB/CAPS) 5 CEU’s (self-reporting)
The National Association of Home Builders offers courses and professional designations as well as educational seminars at the International Builder’s Show.
• Society of Certified Senior Advisors (SCSA) 5 CEU's (self-reporting)
The Society of Certified Senior Advisors educates and supports specialists in aging who are dedicated to improving the lives of older adults.
• National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI) 5 CEU's (self-reporting)
NARI has nine certification programs that cover everything from general remodeling to specialty remodeling, as well as green and universal design certifications.
• Continuing Education Institute of Illinois (CEII) 5 Contact/Clock Hours (REGISTER @ https://geroed.networkofcare4elearning.org/OnlineCourseDetail.aspx?pId=126374
CEII in collaboration with the University of Illinois, College of Medicine, Department of Family Medicine provides education and training services to professionals. RN, LPN (all 50 states) PT (most states) OT (many states), SLP, SW and other credentials… please inquire
• American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI) Senior Home Safety Specialist™ Course is approved for 5 of ASHI® Continuing Education Credits. ASHI promotes standards for property inspections and provides educational programs needed to achieve excellence.
• International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI) 5 CEU’s (self reporting)
InterNACHI® members get everything from world-class home inspection education & pre-licensing support to marketing, branding services, discounts and more!
Due to the constantly changing nature of this industry, and to encourage ongoing continuing education, the SHSS designation is granted for a 2 year period, allowing for the ability to offer updated senior home safety best practices, studies and technologies. Graduates are required to take a refresher course every 2 years and perform 5 hours of community service. The cost of the refresher course and re-certification will be $49.00
You selected to get the course Senior Home Safety Specialist. Please Login or Signup to get it.